Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Life Lesson Learned

Like many people say, raising kids is the best most rewarding thing in the world and also the most challenging. I am so thankful for Miles and Katrina; they make me smile for so many reasons. This week however (though it is only Tuesday) Dave and I have been very challenged as parents! Sunday night, Dave and I experienced tough love and tough parenting for the millionth time. It was the lose sleep, over think everything, what ifs, if they lie about this then they will lie about that and what else are they hiding, love them but having to keep composure kind of love.

We have experienced lying in our house before and we have covered why we don't and should never lie. We thought we had this stuck with the kids in their head. Lying is one of the worst things you can do in life.

I won't go into the long drawn out story...I will just say, Dave and I lost a lot of sleep. Know that after 24 hours of staring at the walls in their rooms, no electronics or games, only seeing the rest of the house for breakfast, lunch and dinner, no friends...After a LONG lecture from Daddy and Heather about lying, trust, family, love etc. I think the kids get the point. Not to say this will be their first and only mistake but to say we think they learned something this week.

To make Daddy feel better (he was sick over this) and to apologize, I helped the kids come up with a project....

Katrina and Miles picked the best words from the lecture/lesson the other night and what they learned...Katrina and I colored them out and ......









....We framed these pictures for Dave and for our home today. We are hoping this will be a constant reminder for all of us, of what we stand for in our home.


He loved the gift and now there is closure on this life lesson....many more to come we are positive!