Thursday, November 4, 2010

~Boggs Baker~

I grew up with dogs and have always been a dog lover. Growing up my experience was with labs and a shih tzu...Both great, loving, family dogs. They were both full of personality and I loved them so much but I have NEVER had a dog that means as much to me as Boggs does. Boggs is a Terrier/Chihuahua mixed breed came to the Baker family thru The Humane Society Oregon and she could not have graced us with her presence at such a better time. She was named after Wade Boggs from the Red Sox. People thought I was crazy to get a dog in the midst of a huge move in a new city with the kids and all of us in such a small space. I truly have no regrets. Boggs is a true joy in our family. We were nervous and anxious as a family with our move to a new city, meeting new people, learning new roads and routes etc. Boggs has helped us in the transition. She is SO lovable, so smart and truly is a people pleaser. Her personality fits in our family well. She makes friends where ever she goes...people and other dogs. Sometimes worms, leaves and grass are her best friend too which is not my favorite part. She does not chew the furniture and has only had one or two accidents this last month. She takes the kids to school with me and picks them up and loves that part of her day. Miles and I are the primary care takers. He has impressed me with his dog skills! He is so good with her. He disciplines her, pets her, helps feed her and helps take her out.  Katrina is the best snuggle buddy with Boggs. She loves to pick her up like a baby and carry her around. She thinks she is so cute! Dave has stated "he loves Boggs "! I was very worried about Dave with a dog as he is not the biggest dog lover and claims to be allergic to different breeds (I think that was his excuse to keep me away from dogs...did not work) .... We may be over reacting a bit but Boggs has been a great addition to our family. I have a feeling a some day when she is not the baby anymore, she will have some major jealousy issues. I can't wait for you all to meet Boggs in person.

Boggs loves the beach. She has been several times.

Boggs and her best friend

The first day we had Boggs. She was so tiny.


Boggs being crazy on Katrina's bed.

Boggs and her snuggle buddy.