Monday, May 11, 2015

Two Weeks; My Boy and Me; St. Louis and Dallas

Katrina was a salt shaker in Beauty and the Beast. Being a Middle School show we weren't sure what to expect but we were super impressed with the talent, organization and all around performance! Katrina is so busy with dance that we are happy its over but she hopes to be in more plays in the future with Hazelbrook!

We watched the movie for inspiration the night before the show.


there she is, a salt shaker...in the movie..haha!

Beauty and The Beast, lower right corner

Right Side

RIGHT


The cast

Katrina after the show
 
Salt and Pepper Shakers


Katrina and The Beast (Nick)
 
When RJ and I arrived home from two weeks away in St. Louis and Dallas , we had over 250 photos of friends and family we love so much. I'm not including all of them but here is the filtered version!
 
Our first stop was St. Louis. I always say flying with RJ is like preparing for a big race...Lots of preparation and mind games to pump you up. WE CAN DO THIS....and we did. He did amazing on all FOUR flights (total).
 


early morning sunrise on the plane...

we are becoming pros at this

 We arrived in St. Louis. Katie picked us up with her bundle of joy, Trace, and we and hit Trader Joes right away!


Trace is so cute I can't deal.
 
Ashley, Isla, Finley, Amsden and Brogen came to Katies house for dinner and we played at the park and in her perfect backyard where they ALL ran around.



Aunt Heather (ME!) made grilled cheese, mandarin oranges and apple juices....my specialty! haha!!

 
We hit the park many MANY times during the week, and multiple different ones in the St. Louis area which was so nice. The weather was perfect. (rainy one day but great temps and sunshine)
 


 
We spent a little of each day with my Grandma and Grandpa (RJ's Great Grandparents! What a blessing) and had MORE cousin time. We also went to visit RJ's great Aunt Barb and Great Grandma Verweyst.


Isla and RJ form a heart in this photo.

Trace being all CUTE!

My friend Lizzie hosted a breakfast for all of our high school friends to come with their kiddos! Very sweet of her. WE ALL HAVE BOYS! It's too funny. It was a delightful morning.
Melissa , Katie and Trace

Colleen 's son Hank and RJ are very close in age.

Will is precious with red hair. He shared all of his toys impressively well!

Friends since High School and our BOYS

Lizzie, Will and Drew


This picture makes me laugh...look at Drew's face! He really DID love his big brother playing with him.

By mid week, RJ was exhausted but we kept trucking along...We packed a lot in the week because we have a lot of people and places to see as it was once my home!

My Grandma is fun...still rocking her shades.

Grandpa on his porch with his great grandson....
 
I was initially concerned with how well RJ would do staying at Katie's with her new baby Trace. I didn't want him to be jealous or mean to Trace. It was actually quite the opposite. Not only did RJ LOVE Katie and Tom but he took interest in Trace and was really sweet all week with him. We had a great time and couldn't be more thankful for Katie and Tom hosting us!

 
After visiting the delicious and well know Pint Size Bakery in St. Louis city, we went to the St. Louis ZOO. We rode the carousal and the train! Thanks to Katie's Mom ,Sharon the entire day was FREE with her grandparents pass! We had a ball.



the sea lions were a hoot


Katie's nephew Ryan is the same age as RJ and they were adorable together at the ZOO.




The conductors thought RJ was so cute (because he is)...they waved and waved at RJ - Goodbye!

Sharon is such a wonderful Grandma and Mother to Katie. I have adored her since 6th grade!

High 5 Great Grandpa!
 
Seeing my sister and brother is always a highlight of my trip. I love my siblings.

Andrew, Ashley and myself
 
We wen to the Transportation Museum and Chick-Filet one morning of the trip. It was perfect because the kids exhausted themselves running around the play area and all over the trains and exhibits. That was a day RJ took almost a 3 hour nap!

Finley getting so big

Isla looked adorable as always. I love a girl in a bow, especially when she is my niece!


Isla and RJ crack me up. RJ learned a lot from Isla this week...words such as "NO" and "MINE"...
 She is a doll, a hoot and very bossy!




When you spill water all over your original pants you make so with pajama pants and still have a great time!

choo chooo!


Isla is that you?!
My cousin Larry owns Lorenzo's Italian Restaurant and a Gelato restaurant on the Hill in St. Louis. We stopped in the gelato  shop to create a ruckus one day. We met my cousin Michelle's new baby Ryan! He was so precious. The gelato was yummy and then we hit the park where the boys flew kites!


Baby Ryan Fuse

RJ did you like your gelato?

Katie and I walked through memory lane in my old neighborhood I grew up in.

The Schuettes , our dear family friends, hosted us for dinner one evening. We got to meet Valerie's new baby boy Ryder and spend time together.

My brother and his girlfriend Jess




Val and Ryder
 
 
The crew!
 
Katie lives up the street from a pretzel shop and during my visit National Pretzel day happened. I would have never known if I wasn't with Katie who knows everything! Trace had a fun pretzel Tshirt and we ate pretzels this day.



 
Ashley and I visited our HOME church. We saw so many familiar faces and people who we love.


Children's Moment was special. All the kids went to the front of the church before being dismissed for Sunday School as they've always done and as you can see, RJ cared about nothing more than hugging Isla.
 
Katie's husband , my friend Tom play in a rec softball league. I met my friend's Kendra and Max at Billy G's in Kirkwood for a beer with RJ and then we headed to the game. Seeing Kendra was another highlight of the trip. She is special to me and though our time was short, it was wonderful seeing her and catching up.


Kendra and I met in Columbia MO during college.
 

My BFF and her baby boy Trace. I was so thankful to be able to spend a lot of time with them.

This picture of RJ with yogurt on his face is a favorite

Tom was sweet to grill for us two nights! We had wine and s'mores for desert



My Grandma and Grandpa Mayhall

RJ and his Great Grandparents. A special picture.

ANOTHER PARK!
Another super awesome part to this trip was meeting up with my dear Enterprise friends! Jess has a baby boy, GIO who just turned 2 that I adore. He is the cutest little Italian baby and we had a ball at the park for hours with dinner and time visiting with the horses!


how sweet! HUGS!

this picture says it all....

I love these girls and miss them! Jess and Rhonda and our boys. Rhonda's dog is not pictured.
 
Katie and I took RJ and Trace to sushi one day for lunch. It was quite the crack up....RJ LOVES sushi and he met a beautiful girl and was smitten. SO much that he ate her lunch! Hilarious.

 


Me and Trace in the St. Louis sunshine.
 
I was thankful to see my niece and nephews almost every day of the trip ...I love them a lot. They are busy but so much fun. I miss them already . The pics below were our last day together at the park before RJ and I took off.

Finley

Amsden and Brogen

Ashley and Isla.

RJ and I went to watch Katie coach her Lacrosse Team and watched a game. He was so tired but he ate M&M's and played with the Lacrosse ball so he was happy.

BYE BYE STL; OFF TO Missy and Papa's
 
The week in St. Louis was exhausting, bittersweet and everything I wanted it to be. Not only do I miss Toasted Ravioli, Bud Select, Ted Drewes Ice Cream, Kirkwood and Cardinal baseball  (St. Louis people understand) but I mostly I miss the family and friends who reside there. We will be back soon STL!

We arrived in Dallas and were so excited to get time with Missy and Papa. My Dad recently hurt his neck and had two slipped discs. He said its the worst pain he has ever experienced. Thankfully he didn't need the surgery the doctors originally recommended for him because the rehab and physical therapy is working.
Macy was excited to see RJ and get tid bits from the floor
 
And we hit the pool!



Mom took a couple days off and we enjoyed fun in the SUN! The weather was so warm and RJ got a kick out of the pool.

Story time with Mommy before bed


My parents have a beautiful home, outdoor living space and pool. I enjoy going there so much.

Our dog Macy is getting old. She is a sweet, sweet girl and RJ loves her as you can see.

We spent time in Southlake shopping and having breakfast. Mom got me a facial which was a nice Mothers Day treat for me! I even got to go to a spin class while there and Missy took RJ for a hair cut and to the park!


Missy and RJ selfie



Went went out for Mexican. Missy packed RJ's new puzzle for back up reinforcement because he isn't the greatest in restaurants these days....but he did well...I think because Missy and Papa were there!

Me and My Dad


Keller Texas in Dallas  is a beautiful area

OK...He did really well but had to show off his standing up in the high chair skills...Papa says, "get down" and Missy says, "be careful" but thinks he is a doll (because he is...haha!)

For desert RJ had graham crackers and Missy makes those special in a fun bowl for him.


Even Macy got in the water!

Grandpa stayed with RJ while he napped...Mom and I shopped and had a bloody mary!
 
Then it was back to the pool!




 
We had to have Hard Eight BBQ. What a great place!



ice cream you scream
 
Missy and Papa spoiled us. We had so much fun. Cant wait to see them again soon because we miss them already too!

We arrived home and had Mothers Day weekend. We visited with friends and spent time together. Katrina and I got pedicures, we went to a BBQ and church and I had my usual spin class that I enjoy very much. I requested Fro Yo for dinner! YUM!


 
Katrina went to 6th grade Outdoor School this week and she was exhausted when she got back but had only great things to say about the experience.




Kisses from him


 
"HONK HONK, BEEP BEEP...MOVE OVER ONE, I am almost TWO! "
Time to plan a little 2nd Birthday Party!