Saturday, February 16, 2013

Our Gender Reveal Party! Feb. 15, 2013

At our 13 week ultrasound appt. the technician said she thought it was a boy and that she would be SUPER surprised after her years of experience if it were a girl and circled the "boy part" explaining her reason. We left the office with almost 100% certainty we were having a boy. At our 20 week ultrasound on Feb. 6th it was confirmed! BOY! Oh boy, now we had to keep it secret for 9 more days until our big reveal party with our friends! We told our siblings and parents and no one else! Our parents are thrilled...especially Pop as he said we had to have a boy , that there were enough Baker women, he wanted another Baker Man! I ordered a cake which read "Baby B what will you be?" The inside of the cake had BLUE filling as icing. We had our friend Mitch cut the cake as he always guesses the sex of friends and family babies correctly- he has been correct the last 14 times!! Well he swore we were having a girl only to cut into the cake and reveal BLUE icing! It is a boy!!!!

Katrina is ecstatic to have a baby brother. Miles is hesitant even after VERY MANY conversations with him, and him watching us through three miscarriages, having years to understand a baby will join us and a 50/50 chance of a boy or girl...What will a baby boy in our family look like he still wonders? He will soon learn that RJ will steal his heart and they are brothers through and through! No one will take Miles place or Katrina's and they understand that. RJ is just another special addition to our family! He will come around.

The party was truly a lot of fun and our friends were so surprised as majority swore it would be a girl. We had Jimmy Johns catered, snacks, salad, plenty of adult beverages (which I could not enjoy) and of course the candy for the kids and CAKE! We had a great time and I won't forget the feeling of learning we have a precious baby boy brewing. We will name him Richard Jay Baker after my Dad and Dave's Dad but we will call him RJ. I cant wait to see RJ Baker in person. Enjoy the pictures from our special night.





I ordered so many balloons!



and flowers....

the cake and candy table

our cake from Crave Bake Shop in Lake Oswego. Such a beautiful cake with BLUE ICING inside to reveal its a BOY! Was so yummy!
 
we had a drawing. Erika won as she guessed it was a boy! $5 per person and she won the money.
 

food

more food

ready to party!

Mitch doing the honors and cutting the cake for us! Everyone in back anticipation faces.

Everyone so surprised, look at their faces....BLUE icing - It's a BOY!

blue icing- BOY


Katrina's "I'm a big sister" face!

hard to see the blue icing in the cake in the pictures.

Mommy and Daddy! SO excited to meet our son.

I'm having a boy!


dear friends- celebrating with them was so awesome.

our handsome men

neighbor boys and their electronics!


Dave and I again

opening gifts - great book!



my girlfriends

ABC puzzle

onsies.

"I love you to the moon and back!"

boys and their electronics, again! HAHA!