Sunday, July 15, 2012

a little bit of the latest

Dave and I have a lot of great plans for updates on our home but one thing at a time! This weekend we did a couple small projects. I found a chair at a garage sale that needed help. I bought the chair for $3...yes $3!! I went to Joanne Fabric and got a beautiful designer fabric and with my awesome husbands help, we made a slip cover. Totally new chair! We have also enjoyed our yard work. The flowers this year are doing wonderful and we love having a maintainable yard!!
chair before



a sitting area off the side of our bedroom


these sweet flowers appeared this summer in our back yard near our beautiful Hasta and Inpatients...they were a surprise!

our hydrangea this summer are bigger and better than last! HUGE!

gorgeous. my favorite.

After 42 games, Miles' baseball season came to an end this weekend.  Miles has been playing baseball ever since he could pick up a bat, and he has learned many lessons, including life lessons along the way. The first time I ever met Miles he was wearing the Yankee uniform below.  We have a ton of great memories going to his games, and while Miles has the potential to be a great baseball player, he is very excited to focus on playing competitive soccer.  We're not sure yet, if Miles has played his last baseball game, but if it is, we are thrilled his team came in first place in his league, so he can go out like a champion!

Manchester Yankees 2007-2008


Mason Ridge Mustangs 2009-2010


Midget American Tualatin Timberwolves - 2011
Finished 4th in Washington County & Qualified for the State Championship






Junior American Tualatin Timberwolves - 2012
Washington County League Champion