Sunday, March 4, 2012

Before and After!

Miles and I at the beginning of the week were DOWN AND OUT and SO SICK with strep throat...It hit us hard out of the clear blue! No one that we knew in our friends, neighborhood or at school had strep or was sick. We were stunned to be so SO sick. We went to the doctor Tuesday morning together and he said our throats looked "extremely angry!" I wanted to punch the doctor when he said that because I WAS SO ANGRY for us to be so sick and hurting so bad! HAHA! Miles and I had major "sick bonding" time Monday-Wednesday and he went back to school Thursday...I was still so sick and finally better by Friday evening!

By the time this weekend came around, I was so HAPPY to be better and feeling my normal self for many reasons!

It was Dave's 39th Birthday!!! Saturday, Dave turned 39 years old. He is not a big fan of celebrating his birthday so we kept it low key as he wanted. I told him next year, I will be 30 and he will be 40 years old; those WILL be big birthdays and we WILL celebrate with a fabulous trip or something! Saturday Night we went to a wonderful Italian dinner in Lake Oswego, enjoyed a movie and had a nice time alone together.

We took a nice walk Saturday morning down the road to Garden Corner and planned out our front and back yard makeover that we have talked about since our move in. We spent pretty much the entire weekend in our yard and had fabulous weather! The kids enjoyed a ton of time with their neighborhood friends, riding bikes, playing basketball, hide and seek and running around! The front yard we tackled first! Below are before and after pictures.

The back yard had a garden box that we removed and did some weeding, raking etc..It needs mulch and will be complete!....

Everything is looking so great. We are ready for Spring BBQ's, time with family visiting and friends in the neighborhood. Though we put each other to work in the yard this weekend, we still enjoyed time together so much. I thought to myself many times this weekend while loaded with mud, dirt, tired of yard work; I don't think anyone else I know can make me laugh and smile the way the birthday man can! We have a great time together, even doing yard work!!!! What a fabulous man, husband, Dad and friend! He deserves all the best in his 39th year...I love him :)

                                                                            BEFORE!

YARD BEFORE! Bushes...
                                                                                   
                                                                             AFTER!
YARD AFTER! Shrubs and flowers!

Home sweet home...We couldn't be happier here.

flower pots and cushions on rockers...ready for morning coffee and evening wine :)

Happy 39th Birthday My Love!