Dave, the kids and I had a lovely brunch with "extended family friends" when we first moved to Oregon and were inspired to paint a Baker Chef on our pantry door in the kitchen! Thank you Dennis and Illene for the inspiration and idea! We love our "Pierre Baker"! Our chef kept Dave's mind off of things and he did a fantastic job painting him. He also organized our garage and we will now BOTH park in the garage!
| "Baker Vino" painted on the wine bottle |
Among some great meals and wine keeping us busy, we have had soccer games and have been hanging out with the kids.
Last night Dave and I had a really cool experience. We went together and I got a tattoo!! No, I never thought I would get a tattoo...After our first miscarriage I wanted one but never went thru with it, just kept thinking about it! After the week we had this week , we decided we should do it! The tattoo has so much sentimental meaning and though some think I may regret it some day, I love it! I got a tiny butterfly on my right foot representing the babies heart beat..(the flutters during the ultrasound reminded me so much of a butterfly). Dave and I had a blast at the tattoo parlor with the artist. He was covered in tattoos and piercings and was so nice to us being that I had never done that before. My adrenaline was rushing and as cheesy as it sounds it was very healing for both of us to get this with such meaning behind it. No, I am not crazy. I just have a small tattoo to remind us of this time in our life.
MOVING ONWARD AND UPWARD BAKER'S !!!!!