Thursday, September 15, 2011

hot mama

As many of you know, I got a part time job! My goal in the job search was to find something that allowed me to work during the hours the kids were in school, a few days a week. A job where I could still be home for them before and after school and still have some time left to volunteer and take the kids where they need to be such as soccer, dance, baseball etc. Before I started the Oregon job search, I thought to myself, "impossible".... "those hours are impossible to find."... If I want a cocktail/waitress shift, that would require nights and weekends away from my people and I did not want that. If I wanted to work retail, again, it would include weekends, holidays and nights...I thought, "you cannot just pick your hours Heather." I thought, "In today's economy SO many people want jobs...so many people need jobs...there is no way I will find something I enjoy, that will work the hours that I'm available."....AND THEN I FOUND HOT MAMA! http://www.shopmama.com/

I was walking in Bridgeport (our local shopping center with restaurants and movie theatre) with Miles before school started and went into the Crocs store to buy him a new pair of Crocs. As we left, we passed a store under construction. The sign on the door caught my attention. COMING SOON...HOT MAMA! I read the poster, saw contact information, came home to read more about them on their website and immediately began emailing the manager! This store is literally what it says. It's a store that understand Mom's, a store to make Mom's look and feel hot! It's a store designed for strollers and has a play area for children while the Mom's shop. A store that is trendy, stylish, has a boutique feel with all different price points and designers and is FUN!!!! That is right ..we do not sell "MOM JEANS"...We do not sell Maternity clothes...we are not "Matronly"...We are for making Mom's HOT and we have HOT clothes!!! This was what I wanted. I met the manager for coffee a week later and now I am going on my 4th week!

Hot Mama in Tigard OR. is the 21st Hot Mama store. The only Hot Mama store in Oregon. They started in Minnesota and also have stores in Illinois, Colorado, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin and North Dakota! The store is growing. The Oregon store is off to a fantastic start! I get to talk with women from the community and surrounding areas that I live in each time I work. I am truly loving it! I love the store. I love our merchandise. I love the people I have met. I can truly say, once you shop at Hot Mama, you won't want to shop other retailers. I am addicted!
hot mama! Where I work!
 
hot mama has the cutest things and is filled with different designers!