It's Labor Day weekend and Thursday night our friends, Steve and Charlene, came to visit for a couple days! We showed them Portland as best we could in their short stay. We kept very busy at the local markets, art shows, live music, restaurants and shopping. Sadly we took them to the airport this afternoon and they headed back to Chicago. We had SUCH a great time and a wonderful visit. We tried our best to persuade them to move here and be our neighbors, but I think they love Chicago!
They recently got a new camera and took over 300 pictures during their visit with us. I wish I could share them all but here are some of our favorites... I LOVE the photos they took during their stay.
 |
| our flowers |
 |
| a wall hanging in our home |
 |
| Baker Residence |
 |
| Food Cart stop for Miles and Katrina. They love their PPJ's |
 |
| beautiful Mrs. Ecker |
 |
| PIG on NW 23rd St. |
 |
| pretty face |
 |
| McMenamins for a beer and lunch |
 |
| Katrina cracking up after drawing a mustache on Steve. She missed the tape and got some on his face. Funny! |
 |
| Miles with the ladies! |
 |
| Mt. Hood |
 |
| My Hubs, always amusing! |
 |
| Miles- 11 Years old! We celebrated with the Ecker's |
 |
| Dave and I at Miles Birthday Dinner |
 |
| Dave, That is not our car.... |
 |
| Tualatin |
 |
| Dave as Rocky, all weekend |
 |
| silly |
 |
| The Baker Family |
 |
| The Ecker Family |
 |
| beautiful sun flowers |
 |
| Sleepy Katrina. |
 |
| Time to try on hats at Saturday Market |
 |
| Steve's turn |
 |
| Portland- Willamette River |
 |
| Dave, AGAIN, That is not our car! HAHA |
 |
| Saturday - lunch at the brewery |
 |
| love |
 |
| Sweet Steve and Charlene- Wonderful friends. |
 |
| Portland City Grill - Views from the restaurant cocktail hour Saturday Night |
 |
| out on the town on a gorgeous night! |
 |
| We could be related! Buddy Steve...Friends since Sophmore Year in College |
 |
| Sushi Dinner at MIO in the Pearl District after cocktails at Portland City Grill- best sushi I have ever had |
 |
| another McMenamins Pub |
 |
| Dave as Rocky - Yet again! |
 |
| our husbands...wonderful guys |
I LOVE THIS CITY! I LOVE OUR FRIENDS!
THANKS STEVE AND CHARLENE FOR COMING TO VISIT US! WE HAD A GREAT TIME, COME BACK SOON!!!!