Despite everything that is keeping us busy with our new home like decorating, unpacking, preparing for a garage sale and visitors over Labor Day, we had an eventful weekend with Katrina, her friend Ella and the Tualatin Crawfish Festival! Every summer Tualatin does their markets with live music and lots of summer festivities which is one of many reason why we love it here! After dancing the last year with Tualatin Dance Center, Katrina got invited to be a part of the Tualatin Crawfish Festival Parade! The parade is a tradition in our town!
One of the many things I brought with me in my journey as a Baker, when I moved in with Dave and the kids in 2008 were my costumes from many years of dance! I gave them all to Katrina! She LOVES playing dress up with these costumes and as you will see in the following photos had a lot of fun in them this weekend. For the parade Katrina wore one of my costumes from a tap routine when I was her age!
While we were gone on vacation Katrina's best friend Ella turned 8 years old and Katrina missed the party. She was super bummed to have missed it so this weekend we did something special for Ella. We had her over for a sleepover, had cupcakes, ice cream and gifts. Along with a sleep over comes playing dress up and they had a lot of fun as you will see. Katrina is wearing one of my ballet costumes in those photos from when I was her age.
This weekend was a lot of fun. Katrina truly is a sweet and loving girl with a lot of personality and talent! She brightens my day when she smiles and she certainly lit up the parade!!!
Enjoy our weekend photos!
 |
| A Crawfish in the Crawfish Festival Parade! NO WAY! |
 |
| here comes Tualatin Dance Center!!!! |
 |
| Miles receiving candy from his sister during the parade!! |
 |
| Look at her smiling in her step Mom's old dance costume! So fun! |
 |
| Miles enjoying the parade! |
 |
| Pretty girl!!! Waving and smiling. She loves the spot light! |
 |
| Time for fun with her best friend! Loving their Jeep ride! |
 |
| Dress up time with Ella at their sleep over! |
 |
| Sassy girls! |
 |
| Cheese!!! Again, Katrina is wearing another one of my old costumes! (one of my favorites...Susie Snowflake ballet dance....I can't believe I remember the name of the dance, but I do! ) |
 |
| Dave enjoying our front porch in our new rocking chairs! |
 |
| Singing Happy Birthday to Ella!! |
 |
| Happy 8th Birthday Ella! Sorry we missed your special day but we hope we made it up to you! |