Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Our Family and CARS

I was thinking today... Dave and I will eventually need a car with a third row... I laughed.

Since the beginning of Dave and I relationship we have had so many cars!!! Because we worked for Enterprise Rent A Car during this time, Dave got a company car. We enjoyed MANY different cars! The cars took us on many many dates and even on a couple trips i.e Colorado ski trip, weekend getaway in Tablerock Lake where we were engaged etc. Needless to say I needed you all to know the make and models of each car because it is laughable that we have been a part of each others lives for 3 + years and have had 9, yes NINE cars!!!!!! (these are not the actual Baker mobiles, just google images but you get the point)

The Chrysler 300 (above) was where it all started!!! Dave drove this company car when we started dating and every time I would see this car in the work parking lot, I felt like I was going to puke!! I was dating my bosses, bosses, boss!!!! BARF! I would get so nervous!!! HA! This car also took us on our first sushi date! Fun times! Great seat warmers that Dave would turn on without me knowing!

This beast of a car (above) was hysterical. I cannot picture my husband ever owning this vehicle. It is just not a Dave car! He was the Group Rental Manager for commercial truck with Enterprise in his final days and he drove this massive truck but it was blue! Getting the kids and all of us in this car was a riot. This car came in handy though because it had DVD players and took us up the Colorado mountains!!!! Cozy car I must say!

I was thrilled to get this (above) Trailblazer. Much more of a "Dave Car". I was happy he rid ourselves of the TRUCK! Trailblazer was great!

"Black Sunshine" was NOT my favorite. Though convenient for kids, I am not a mini van Mom. I refuse for some reason to like mini vans. I will always be an SUV girl. Sorry Portland, I don't mind using the gas....

After Dave left Enterprise (an interesting time in our life together...) we got a used AUDI wagon. It was a great car but smelled like old people, had cracked leather and made a lot of funny noises!! Hilarious thing about this car is it broke down the week before Dave left for his new job in Portland and we sold it for more than we bought it for!!

I drove a Hyundai Sonata during all of Dave's cars and that car was great. Very smooth ride and Katrina and I loved taking it to Dance every Saturday with the sun roof open and music blaring!


Luciana helped us a lot while Dave and the kids were transitioning through a few things in life and she over two years became a part of our family. She rocked!! Dave had to have a car for her to transport the kids back and forth and she drove the above car, a Subaru Forester!!

 BUT THEN...Dave and I had always LOVED this next car....Every time we drove by a 4 door Jeep we knew we would get one eventually...I traded in the Hyundai and Dave traded in Luciana's car (Luc went back to Brazil, we miss her) the Forester and we bought our Jeep!!!!!!

Our current car is the 4 door Jeep Wrangler (above)....We love that car. It is so fun!!!! We have road tripped many places with the top off the Jeep and it has even traveled with us safely from ST. Louis to Portland Oregon. We will have this car for a long time. The other car on the other hand...

The Toyota Scion "The Baker Toaster" will eventually have to go! When we moved here to Portland we needed a 2nd car and this is what we bought. It's a fun car but it does not have room for future Baker Babies...so The Toaster will eventually have to go. For now, it works!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the Baker Car Journey. I sure found it amusing today while thinking about all of these cars!!! I love the MEMORIES!!!!