Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Dallas Texas Spring 2014

If there is one complaint I have in living in Portland, it's being too far away from family! We miss our families.

RJ and I took off last week for a visit with my Mom and Dad! Dave was working and Miles and Katrina were still in school last week . Their Spring Break started this week. My sister and her four adorable kids were in Dallas too on their Spring Break so I got to spend wonderful time with my niece Isla and nephews Finley, Brogen and Amden. They are busy busy and so much fun. Mom took us to Six Flags Kid Land. The boys were in heaven. RJ and Isla even got to ride the train! My sister and I got to spend an evening out together which we had not done in years...probably since before Finley was born! I also got to see two friends from college I had not seen in years! It was a great visit and as always went by way too fast!
Our babies are getting bigger before our eyes, so of course, LOTS of pictures.

Enjoy.

RJ and I on the plane- He's a great little traveler


RJ had a couple accidents on the way to Texas and we went through 3 outifits....so he went without pants the last leg to TX.

we arrived....and play time was ON. RJ and Isla

baby Isla

with Brogen (I think that's Brogen..twins! I try my best)

Mom and Dad- Dad grilled pork steaks the first night
 We had a little 1st birthday for Isla....her birthday is April 1st and Ashley is having a party for her, but since we can't make it, we had a mini practice celebration!!
 
We played hop scotch while Dad (Papa) grilled.


Ashley got some QT with RJ

as you can see RJ is almost three months younger and about the same size as Isla

RJ could NOT get enough of the water and bath time.
 TIME FOR ISLA's BIRTHDAY SONG! HAD TO HAVE HATS!!
my sister and RJ ready for cupcakes

Happy 1st Birthday Practice!!

it's a party

Finley

Isla

Macy - 13 years old

Isla
 We took the boys to see the Cattle



sister selfie


what's Texas without a little sweet tea? having a little lunch

more play time


and now for the swings
and how about some swimming!? RJ loved the pool




RJ and his buddy Isla- bath time!
 A night with my sister included sushi, drinks and a lot of catch up...and laughs.


we had a great time together
 SIX FLAGS OVER TEXAS
 
We had such a long day of fun in the sun!!!

CHOO CHOO!!!

Bugs Bunny was so cute...


tea cups

I won Hello Kitty from the claw for Isla- Miles was so proud when I texted him this picture! He is the claw master!!


Isla and RJ play at Six Flags

Guitar Hero - so serious- get it Brogen!

a ride with their Mommy-
Ashley and her babies had to hit the road to be back in STL for their swim lesson Saturday and to get back in routine before Ashley went back to work....So RJ and I were left for a couple days with some QT with Missy and Papa...
 
 
 How about we swing again Mommy? He loves to swing....
 

Jen came to Mom and Dad's for lunch and we caught up over salads! It was so great to see her. She thought RJ was adorable

CHEEEEESE! Going to breakfast with Missy and Papa

Mom and Dad took me and my college girlfriend out for a drink and dinner! It was great to see Jenny- we were roommates for years and have a lot of fun memories.
Mom, Dad, RJ - Texas Mexican food

Jenny and I

cheers!!!

Papa is so funny

My wonderful Mom and Dad

RJ liked frozen custard

a walk in the park. this was a cold day. most the week was sunny and beautiful

NEXT TIME WE VISIT MISSY AND PAPA IT WILL BE HOT AND THEIR POOL WILL BE READY AND WAITING! WE CANT WAIT TO GO BACK! THANKS FOR A GREAT VISIT MOM AND DAD!