My 2013 New Years Goal (starting early) is to keep a Gratitude Journal. Every day, I will be responsible for writing in my journal. What I am thankful for , grateful for, and show/write my appreciation for those things. I think it is important on the best of days and even on the worst most terribly tragic days, to remember all that we have to be grateful for. I have heard of these journals through friends, family and even OPRAH (yes, I said it). I think a journal like this can change someones life and their perspective of things. I believe that what energy in your actions you put out, is the same energy and action you receive in return. To be a thankful person and to live with gratitude and gratefulness is something to live by and it can change your life. Be Grateful. Don't focus on all the negative things in life when there is so many positive things to focus on. Afterall, we can only focus on what we can control.
I think during this time of year especially, it is difficult for kids to see the big picture, the meaning of the Holidays. I think by keeping this journal and having the kids share what they are thankful for as well will be a great addition to the Holiday. Instead of focusing on what we don't have that our friends have or what we want instead of what we need, we should focus on what we DO HAVE ...which is an abundance of THINGS ....including LIFE and HEALTH...LOVE and FAMILY!
Here is to Journal-ing!!
 |
| A successful Barnes and Noble Journey! 2013 Calendar - Gratitude Journal- Address Book! |
 |
TIME TO GET WRITING!
BE GRATEFUL |