Tuesday is Tuesday is Tuesday 2/14/12....Valentines Day is just another day and another way of saying I love you but I thought it would be fun to enjoy Valentines Day with kids and have them participate!
This morning we woke up and had coffee, cinnamon rolls, fruit, cards and gifts! It was nice because Dave stayed home a bit longer this morning than usual and saw the kids off to school. After Katrina finished Dance class we started on our own homemade chocolate covered strawberries! Katrina and I dipped half and half and we added red sprinkles! Katrina prepared the croissants as well, in a heart shape while I made salmon and asparagus with pasta! I often feel the pain of my parents while I was growing up as the kids are picky eaters. I try to remember that I was the same way, but now that I am the chef in the house, it is not so easy to take!! They were not a fan of the salmon or asparagus but they ate it! Dave and I thought it was great! Kids will be kids I suppose but if I made Digornio Pizza or Mac & Cheese and Chicken strips every night, my life would be easier...haha...and They would eat with no complaints...maybe for the next two weeks straight that is all I will make them and see how much they like those things after two weeks of eating it! OY VAY! God love em!
Happy Valentines Day!
 |
| brie cheese, wine, strawberries, and flowers!!! |
 |
| Katrina's heart croissants |
 |
| HAPPY "LOVE" DAY! |
 |
| Salmon was delicious...I thought! :) |