Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Rock Museum with 2nd Graders!


I spent my morning at The Rock Museum learning about metamorphic, igneous and sedimentary rocks!! The kids, despite a few behavior problems in a couple boys, were terrific. Each Mom was assigned a group and off we went!!! I personally think the field trip was an hour too long (3 hours on rocks gets a little too much before lunch time...the kids were starving by noon). Overall it was a cool experience and Katrina's teacher, Mrs. Platt, is wonderful. She is so organized, calm and patient. She has things under control!!!! I did often wonder with the boy behavior issues what kind of parents they have at home, but I suppose I should stay out of their business! HA! Anyway, Enjoy the pics. We had a fun day and Katrina enjoyed having me (especially to eat our special lunch together...LUNCHABLES!..the little things in life ya know?)

Mrs. Platt listening to Katrina's many questions

ROCKS!

Katrina and Ella

Mrs. Platt answering more questions

Katrina's class

The boys

Her class again