Thursday, December 30, 2010

My week at Children's Cancer Association

This week has been wonderful!!! I spent 24 hours with The Children's Cancer Association in downtown Portland (such a neat city) and loved every second of it. The people here are so great! With all the negative media, bad news and horrible feelings in the US all the time, the CCA is a breath of fresh air!!! Though there are terminally ill children involved in this cause, the children and people who support CCA are amazing. The employees, volunteers and donors have shed such a light in my life since the start of my involvement here. I received phone calls of people wanting to drop off donations, send money, donate a car and more.... I am happy to report that I have been asked to spend Monday and Wednesday each week at The Children's Cancer Association working on a special project with the Special Events Team!! I'm excited!
Again, a constant reminder of how blessed our family is to have our health and such love!

http://www.joyrx.org/


Have a Happy New Year everyone!!!