Tuesday, November 9, 2010

13.1~ never again

I think I can honestly say I will never run a half marathon (which means I will never run a full marathon) again. I have not been on a run since the Portland "Run Like Hell"- 13.1 Miles. I have been on many walks and many bike rides with the kids (I need a bike, I have been riding Dave's bike!). I am looking forward to our gym opening again with all new equipment on Thursday, so I will be back in the gym!!! I have no plans to run anytime soon. It's not that I will never run again, but my body is enjoying the change of pace and much less impact on my knees and shins! Training for the race wore me out, hurt my legs, shins and even made my back hurt! I'm too young for that!! I am no all star athlete! The day of the race was a great experience but I'm not sure I had that much fun. The sense of accomplishment was amazing and having the kids, Dave and Tom cheering us on was great. I was very proud of myself for completing the race in 2 hours and 20 minutes. I averaged 10 minute miles in the pouring rain, the fastest potty break I've ever had, chaffing inner thighs which bled for over 7 miles and even hyperventilating at one point thinking there were going to be no water stops (sorry for too much information)! I enjoyed running before this race a lot. I enjoyed the 2 to 4 miles a few times a week and the gym....That is where I am headed. My running relationship is by no means love. I have a new respect for runners. It is a true test to your mental game and your body! I tested myself mentally and physically and did it! I know I can do it and that is where it ends! I am happy with that!! Thanks anyway Katie! Elliptical, here I come!!!!
Oh and Santa, I would really like a bike for Christmas so we can all ride bikes as a family!